File Lock PEA - version log and old versions
Beta Version 0.1-betaThe beta version was released in March 2016.
Version 0.1 (stable) - 2016
- New version of Catena is used as key derivation function: Catena v3.3
- HKDF instead of simple hash for initial hash and key expansion
- Minor usability improvements
Version 0.2 (stable) - 2017
- New Graphical User Interface (Nimbus Look&Feel), hour glass as wait cursor,
- Usability: Position of dialogs and windows, file chooser remembers last folder...
- Better distinction between encrypted files and plain text files: lock symbol, background color, text
- File are now always correct sorted
- View menu with tree view, full file names, update and cleanup option
- Password check: GUI and improvements of quality check
- Improvements for unix start script (future proof)
- Fix of minor bugs: Backward compatibility to Java 1.6 prior update 10, shutdown hook problems for Free BSD...
Version 1.0 (stable) - 2018
- Support for zip and unzip: You can now hide meta data and handle several files in one encrypted zip file
- Wipe function: You can securely wipe a file by overwriting the file several times before deleting it
- Better accessibility support (still incomplete)
- Shortcuts for char tables: CTRL + F1/F2...
Version 1.1 (stable) - 2019
- Drag&Drop of files and folders in password dialog (encrypted) and main frame (plaintext)
- Accessibility support (still incomplete): accessible description for all items and buttons if there is no tool tip text, password dialog is full accessible by keyboard
- You can set background color and font size of the program
- Remembers last location and size
- Bug fixes: several click on OK button when decryption works resulted in unexpected behavior, messages for many files (close unencrypted) could be larger than the screen
- Uses now at least Java 7
Version 1.2 (stable) - 2020
- Cloud Connection to Nextcloud, Owncloud and some cloud providers (therefore the program is much larger)
- Check for program update (checks PAD for newer version)
- Password hide and show per button
- Bugfix: If a PEA is used in both Windows and Unix, remembered file paths were misinterpreted as relative paths.
- Bugfix: PeaDialog: Many lines for error messages (many files) could result in a dialog than screen (now: scroll pane)
- Minor GUI improvements
Download old versions
All files are zip files.
Key derivation function is Catena-Dragonfly, cipher is Threefish-512, hash function is Blake2b.